Bournemouth AFC have announced their season ticket prices for 2015/16 with Junior tickets starting at £115 and Adult tickets starting at £550.
The club, which has just been promoted to the Premiership league, intends to keep its current cap of 7,000 season ticket holder seats.
Season ticket holders’ seats will be available to renew from Friday 5th June until Sunday 5th July. Renewal forms will be posted to existing holders by the end of May and fans are encouraged to make use of the full length of the renewal period.
The new season ticket prices are as follows:
The new prices reflect a 15 per cent increase for adult and junior season tickets and a 19 per cent increase for concessions. There is a 35 per cent increase for disabled supporters which takes into account recommendations from Level Playing Field, a campaigning and advisory group advocating equal rights for disabled fans across all sports, whilst under eight’s remain free.
The club have also arranged with V12 Season Ticket Finance a financed option that will allow supporters to spread payments over four, six or eight months at a cost starting from 3.75% above the price of a season ticket.
Overall the new prices have been welcomed by the majority of supporters who had feared a hike in prices as The Cherries enter the top league.
“Next season, so many of the world’s elite teams and players will be displaying an array of skills. They will, in every respect, be box office attractions”
“As a business, it is essential that we provide value for money and in this respect there can be no question that our ticket pricing remains more than competitive in comparison with other Premier League clubs”
The news comes just a day after the club announced that it would not be extending the capacity of Dean Court ahead of their premiership debut.
There had been calls to extend the current capacity of 11,700 however Chief Executive Neill Blake said that despite studies being carried out a number of factors had scuppered their plans.
However when speaking to the local paper, the Bournemouth Echo, Blake said that the matter would still be a priority for the club “There are a vast number of demands for change behind the scenes placed on any club following promotion to the Premier League and we have to ensure we meet those demands in time for next season” he said.
“It will take a great deal of planning, time and hard work to meet the guidelines within the space of the next few months and factoring in the expansion of the South Stand was virtually impossible”
“There are also well-known complications with the land behind the South Stand, due to it being a former waste tip”
“With intensive testing necessary before any building work can be done, something which can take months to complete, this was one of the major stumbling blocks in our proposed plans”
“In addition, our first priority is to invest in the squad and football staff infrastructure to support Eddie (Howe, manager) and his coaching staff, which we believe is the best strategy to maintain our Premier League status”
“If we are able to retain our place in the Premier League, stadium capacity will be a priority for the following season.”
To keep up to date with all the Cherries’ news please visit the official AFC Bournemouth website.