Suzi Dixon, from BournemouthNews.info, has five top tips for those celebrating payday weekend and shaking off the doldrums from January:
– Family fun – Head to the Bournemouth News & Info Facebook page for a link to get a monthly Kids Pass for just £1. This deal giant pays for itself on cinema tickets alone – you can save up to 40 per cent on adult AND child tickets at Odeon Bournemouth, saving an average of £19.20 per family per outing. See www.facebook.com/bournemouthnewsinfo. It’s a monthly subscription but you can cancel at any time.
– A rockin’ night out – Steamhouse returns to Canvas this Friday, February 2, to mark the start of a series of 2018 dates featuring the UK’s best bands and tribute acts. This week, Guns 2 Roses and MotorLizzy play live, while DJ Jeff Keenan plays crowd-pleasing air guitar anthems until the early hours. See www.canvasbournemouth.com for tickets.
– Eat right – Forget the Christmas binge and the January diet: eat well every day for more energy. Jango Alptekin, who runs Jango Health & Fitness on Holdenhurst Road, recommends starting the day with a Super Green Smoothie. Simply blend half an avocado, with a handful of watercress, one large banana, coconut milk to taste, a pinch of cinnamon and six almonds and flaxseeds. Buy ingredients in bulk to save on shop-bought juices – and ditch that daily takeaway coffee! Training tips and meal ideas are available at www.facebook.com/jangohealthandfitness.
– Win big – Worried about spending too much this weekend? Head to The Fiveways on Sunday night for your chance to wish cash at their Rock n Roll bingo night. Other prizes include bar vouchers, chocolate and alcohol to take home. If you are feeling peckish, a 8oz rump steak is available all day every day for just £5. See www.facebook.com/thefivewaysbournemouth.
– Stay up late – Still going? You can watch the American Superbowl at Felson’s, from 11.30pm on Sunday February 4. It’s the Eagles versus the Patriots, with craft beers and great cocktails on tap. See www.felsons.co.uk.
About the author ‘Suzi Dixon’
Editor in chief of bournemouthnews.info Suzi Dixon studied at Bournemouth university, went away for a while to work at The Daily Telegraph, then moved back to the sunny South coast for a quiet (er) life. Now, amongst other things, she guest writes for us at Lets Go Out!