The Christmas Tree Wonderland is a spectacular Christmas trail with enchanting illuminations.
Full of magic, sparkle and wonder, the Christmas Tree Wonderland trail will come to life with regular light shows, animated characters and live music along the route.
The event will run from 15th November 2019 until 2nd January 2020, and will feature over 100 glittering trees and illuminations. The official switch on takes place on 15th November at 6.30pm by Pier Approach followed by a short fireworks display.
– 60ft centre piece walk-through animated Bournemouth Wonderland Tree complete with regular sound & light shows
– Christmas tree trail featuring over 100 trees plus replicas of enchanting trees from six cities around the world
– Outdoor ice rink and the chance to skate under the stars
– Enchanting illuminations including giant teddy bears, gingerbread people and a giant bauble
– The Alpine Market and Alpine Lodge Bar with great festive atmosphere
– Seasonal music and entertainment
New for 2019:
– Crimson Vodafone Gigafast Tree of Light
– Polar Walk
– 7 metre Golden Reindeer at Beales Place
– Teddy Bears Picnic
– Shimmering Smugglers Cove Adventure Golf
Starting at the seafront the Christmas Tree Wonderland Trail weaves its way up through the Lower Gardens and features trees from all over the world including the Moscow Tree, the Tree of Light and the St Petersburg Tree.
The Rockery is transformed with 40 miniature trees and a waterfall of light whereas Pine Tree Walk is covered with a canopy of cascading lights.
Standing at 60ft high with 30,000 lights, the Bournemouth Wonderland Tree is a spectacle you will not be able to miss! Catch one of the spell-binding light shows, accompanied by Christmas music, before walking right through the centre of the tree!
Afterwards skate under the stars at the SKATE outdoor ice rink or enjoy an aromatic mulled wine or a steamy hot chocolate topped with creamy marshmallow at the Moguls Alpine Bar.
Make your way up into the square where you can browse the stalls at the Christmas Alpine Market and enjoy a drink with friends at the Alpine Lodge.
Further up in the town at The Triangle and Horseshoe Common you will find other magical illuminations and attractions.
And don’t forget to check out the coastal villages of Boscombe, Southbourne and Westbourne which will be celebrating the festive period with a range of events and attractions. Check out our ‘Whats On Christmas Events‘ section for more details.