THE WAILERS are coming to Bournemouth’s O2 Academy on 22nd March and we have two pairs of tickets to give away!
The legendary Wailers have announced a huge UK headline tour for March 2019 where they will perform 14 dates across some of the country’s major cities. The Wailers continue their quest to bring reggae to the forefront of the world’s stage. Led by renowned bassist and founder Aston “Familyman” Barrett, and joined by original Wailers guitarist Donald Kinsey as well as saxophonist Glen DaCosta, The Wailers give audiences around the globe the opportunity to experience their unique and innovative sound. From 1972 to 1980, Bob Marley & The Wailers recorded, toured, and performed before countless millions worldwide. Since 1981, Familyman has carried on the mission to “keep The Wailers together” – just as Bob requested.
In tribute to the late co-founder and drummer Carlton “Carly” Barrett, The Wailers present Familyman’s multi-talented son, Aston Barrett Jr. It’s startling to witness how the young powerhouse delivers with his uncle’s inspiring landmark “one drop” drumming style. Also on stage is polished background singer Shema McGregor, daughter of I Three singer Judy Mowatt and Reggae pioneer Freddie McGregor.
Accompanying the legends and children-of-legends on stage are many other talented musicians: bass guitarist Owen “Dreadie” Reid, a former student of Familyman who also plays bass with Julian Marley’s Uprising band; front man Joshua David Barrett, Rastaman by lifestyle and culture, who delivers Bob’s powerful message of Jah love and unity through his performance and interaction with the audience; Andres Lopez on keyboards, who has performed with artists such as Alborosie, Lutan Fyah, and Anthony B.; and Anne-Marie Thompson, an experienced gospel singer. FOH/Sound engineer is Christian Cowlin, a Wailers Band veteran who has traveled the world with The Wailers for more than 20 years and who is responsible for the band’s live sound.
Since Bob Marley’s untimely passing in 1981, Familyman vowed to keep a promise he made to his leader and friend – that he would hold the band together and maintain the music’s quality, to “keep me [Bob Marley] alive through music.” The message is still Burnin’, the Exodus of Jah people continues, Uprising and Survival remain the call to fans. The incomparable Wailers are coming to Babylon by Bus, to rock the stage, to bring the magic and message of Roots Rasta Reggae. It’s a Rastaman Vibration: a slice of music history you must not miss. Legend.
The UK tour will see The Wailers perform songs from the iconic album Legend live on stage including classics Three Little Birds, I Shot the Sheriff, Jammin’, as well as many more greatest hits.
To book tickets for this event please visit www.gigsandtours.com or call 0844 811 0051
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets to their Bournemouth date on 22nd March simply complete the form below. Closing date is Thursday 7th March at 10.00am. The winners will be picked at random and notified shortly afterwards by email or telephone. Tickets will be available to collect on the night from the box office. Please ensure your phone number and email is correct.
1. Entrants must be over 18.
2. No cash alternative. Travel not included.
3. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
4. Competition is only open to UK residents.
5. The decision of the judge will be final.
6. Entries received after the closing time and date will not count. Duplicate entries will not count.
7. Each prize is valid for one pair of tickets (2 persons) per winner. 2 prizes available.
8. Winner will be informed by email or phone. If they do not respond within 48 hours then another winner will be chosen and they will lose their claim to the prize.
9. Tickets will be made available for collection on the night from the main box office.
10. The winner agrees that their name may be used on Lets Go Out/SJM Concerts social media for publicity purposes.
11. Once the winner(s) have been drawn and contacted all entries are deleted from our database. Therefore we do not keep your details on file past the competition date.
This competition is now closed